Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Product Reviews: Best Facial Cleansers & Makeup Removers

Hello Ya'll! (I'm not southern by any means other than from Southwestern Ontario in Canada...so I guess I can still say Ya'll - or just cause' it's fun!)

I wanted to post a little blurb about various makeup removers and cleansers I have tried and tested.  They may not be right for you but if you have sensitive skin like me, maybe you will find they are also gentle and keep your skin acne free! (as much as possible!)

First lets talk about the foamy, sudsy, bubbly cleansers!!

Johnson & Johnson Clean & Clear Deep Cleansing Fresh Foam Wash
Rating:
9/10
Dove Cool Moisture (or original Moisture) Foaming Facial Moisturizer
Rating:
8/10

Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash - Pink Grapefruit foaming Scrub
Rating:
9.5/10

Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash - Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleanser
Rating:
8/10


After many years of sticking to Johnson & Johnson's Clean & Clear foam cleanser  (both in the original formula and also tried the sensitive) both always worked well. My face was always clear and soft.  I felt like I had outgrown that one so then I tried Dove.  For a while I was happy with how Dove moisturized and your face wasn't dry and tight right after washing it.  Then I finally decided to give Neutrogena a try.  I absolutely love the pink grapefruit (both in the pump cleanser and the one with the cleaning beads) I absolutely prefer the beads, they make your face feel so clean and delicious.  So my very faves would have to be Neutrogena hands down and the tried and true Clean & Clear!  The Neutorgena Oil-Free Acne Wash in foaming scrub washes your makeup off much better than the facial cleanser. I usually have to wash my eyes again, even after I removed eye makeup prior to washing my face.


Now onto MAKEUP REMOVERS....


1. Neutrogena Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover
Rating:
10/10! 
Love this stuff!!! I hope they never EVER ever discontinue this one.
I find this WAY better than MAC's removers and a lot more gentle and less blinding


2. Neutrogena Makeup Remover cleansing towelettes (I have heard the night calming ones are good, so going to have to give those a whirl next time I purchase towelettes)  I am still working on using these more, they usually make my skin feel greasy after and feel weird not washing my face right after. Anyone else notice this?
Rating:
6.5/10 (or TBD)

3. MAC Gently Off Eye & Lip Makeup Remover  I am on and off about this one.  Some days I like it other days I find I could make an at home product that works better with oil, water, lemon juice and alcohol.... It is also pretty harsh and I find it works on my brows and mostly my eye makeup but not so well for my mascara (that isn't even waterproof)....what are your thoughts on this one?
Rating:
5/10



More to be cont'd!
Stay Tuned! :)









1 comment:

  1. Useful information shared. I am very happy to read this article. Thanks for giving us nice info. Fantastic walk through. I appreciate this post.

    Beauty Products Ontario

    ReplyDelete